Summer, 2021 News
Our next regular tournament is:
Friday, October 8
- • The tournament is located at Piada Italian Street Food; 1930 Highway 6, Sugar Land
- • Time control is Game/30 with 5 second delay.
- • 3 rounds
- • Cost is $11. Cash prizes based on number of entries.
- • Cost is $20 if you register at the door.
- • To register, you must register in advance and then send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with your USCF number. This tells us if we have enough people planning to attend a tournament or whether we have to cancel it and notify everyone not to come.
- • You must be a member of the USCF to play in this tournament. Renew your membership here: https://new.uschess.org/become-member
- • Registration is limited to 20 entries.
- • Bring a tournament-regulation chessboard and a chess clock if you have one. If you are paired against a player and neither of you have a board, then the game will be called an unrated draw.
- • You must notate your game. Bring scoresheets and something to write with to record your game. If you don’t know how to record your moves yet, contact us in advance.
- • There will be a special prize from my library for the overall, first-place finisher: Practical Chess Endings by Paul Keres. Keres was one of the two strongest chess players (Viktor Korchnoi was the other one) who never became world champion.
Coaches are available for individual or group coaching or for extended, formal classes for groups. Visit the Coaches page to get information about coaching and contact email@example.com to sign up for a coach.
Visit our Lectures page to see the lecture notes and slides on the rules of chess.
August 20: This was the smallest Friday night tournament we’ve had in a long time.Congratulations to Ethan Wan and to Austin Tang for tying for first place with 2 points each.